Monday, February 21, 2011

Recipe # 1: Sinigang na Bangus

January 10, 2011

It was 5 in the morning and I'm walking out of the office, heading home when my partner asked me to cook something sour for our breakfast as she will head out an hour later than me. I asked my fellow commuters if they know a wet market where I can buy some fish and vegetables to prepare for breakfast. Luckily, there was one near our area and its my first time buying on this place. It was too early so I had the chance to pick the freshest among the varieties.

I chose the Pangasinan natives over the Batangeno's for the sake of my beloved Memen's locality.

Time to practice my haggling skills.


Ingredients:

1 big Bangus Pangasinan sliced into 4 parts
3 ripe Tomatos
2 Onions
1 small piece of Ginger
2 Spanish Pepper
1 Radish
1 bundle of Water Spinach
1 pack  Sinigang sa Miso Mix

Salt and Pepper to Taste
Water


Procedure:

Slice the vegetables in small parts. Equal size makes the texture perfect in our tongue.
Saute the onion, tomato, ginger and pepper in a medium heat pan.

 Stir until tender but do not make it crispy.
With every stroke, think of the joy and happiness you'll bring to the one who requested the dish.

Add fish and water and sinigang sa miso mix then let it boil for 15 mintues. See and behold the bubbling sight.
Add the radish and water spinach and let it stay for 5 minutes under low heat.
Add some pepper and salt to taste. Do not over cook.

And there you have it. Uberly fresh Sinigang sa Bangus.



Having the ingredients fresh makes a big difference into the taste of whatever you are cooking.
But the secret lies within the feelings you are sharing with whom you are dedicating your masterpiece.


funshine makes my day brighter again and again and again...

No comments:

Post a Comment