Monday, February 21, 2011

Battle for Habitat

I'll start my story at the time I was looking for a place to call "home"; let me correct that: insect free home.

Things happened so quickly. I was living with my partner on a suburb area near our office when allergy struck both of us. First it was itchy, then red spots appeared on our skin. We tolerated a couple of days under that condition until our house succumbed to the forces of creepy crawling insects. "Simuchang/Timutchang/Higad" were the names I remembered as soon as I saw a vast amount of silk strings hanging on our ceiling up to the bedroom, and to the bathroom, windows up to the kitchen sink. Fire was no use, we can't afford to burn the roof so the next morning, we surrendered our peaceful abode to the fluffy horde.

After weeks of scouting, we found the perfect shelter abundant in fresh air, clean water and close to establishments we need in our daily lives. Finally, we settled on our new fortress.



And in this place, my cooking and laundry stories will be told.


funshine makes my day brighter again and again and again...


No comments:

Post a Comment